[Gllug] machine load testing

John Winters john at linuxemporium.co.uk
Mon Dec 2 15:36:36 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 15:23, David Damerell wrote:
> On Monday, 2 Dec 2002, Adam Bower wrote:
> >I just installed a new machine today which is a hand me down from
> >another part of the company which has been reported to "perhaps have a
> >hardware fault" so what I would like to do is really stress test the
> >machine RAM+CPU+disk all at the same time.
>
> Kernel compiles are usually good.

Following on from which, if I really want to test the box I do 3 kernel
compiles on the trot.  I once had some iffy RAM (a whole 1G of it) which
could just get through 1 compilation but tended to fail on the 2nd.  I
ended up doing 3 compilations just to be *really* sure the replacement
stuff was OK.

John

--
The Linux Emporium - the source for Linux in the UK
See http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/

We had a woodhenge here once but it rotted.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk