[Gllug] Lonix - London Linux User Group 'Open Source Software' - Eric S Raymond Talk

Nick Mailer nickm at positive-internet.com
Thu Feb 28 11:21:15 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 09:54, Flash Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 02:18:05PM +0000, Tushar Joshi wrote:
> > Eric Raymond will talk on all aspects of the Open Source Initiative,
> > including a brief up-to-date history, analysis of how Open Source
> > differs to other software development paradigms, and a forward view.
>
> And very interesting it was too. I was a bit dubious about him
> taking lots of questions in a "jam session" but he did keep
> control very well, and the time flew by!
>
> Not sure I *learnt* anything, but it made me think.

Also, the questions, with two noticeable and excruciating exceptions,
were quite good and made him think too. It was enjoyable, albeit I
always feel Raymond falls at the final hurdle because of his inability
quite to escape the United States Prime Directive (the inalienable right
to expect something's exploitation for the production of money).

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk