good ergonomics and H+S was Re:[Gllug] bash / go to beginning of line

George Saxby George.Saxby at racc.ac.uk
Mon Feb 25 10:04:38 UTC 2002

George F. Saxby
    Systems Engineer
       I.T.S. Team

>>> jim at lateral.net 02/21/02 07:29pm >>>

On Thursday, February 21, 2002, at 12:21 PM, Jackson, Harry wrote:
> You do not suffer from the glare from monitors as bad as a touch
typist. I
> was told once that refocusing is also good for your eyes but I am not
sure
> if this is true or not.

yes you should spend approx 10 minutes of every hour away from the
screen
preferably walking around, if you don't you could long term health
problems.
   ie having to sit in a 1200ukp chair to correct posture and tilted
seat to stop deep vein thrombosis. A desk with a shelf @ the back to
LOWER the flat screen monitor facing a window so that looking up
automatically wil cause the eyes to re-focus.
  1 Hour per day in remedial physio therapy guess how I know ?

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk