[Gllug] bash / go to beginning of line

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu Feb 21 12:53:24 UTC 2002

>In which case you have effectively found your own way of touch-typing and
>are probably just as prone to RSI as any classical typist.

True, I type without looking at the keyboard, I just don't use the
traditional touch typing keypresses. It's the traditional system
that causes RSI by forcing the weaker fingers to perform relatively
unnatural movements. I tend to use whichever finger feels most
natural (which varies depending on context, rather than a traditional
touch typist's rigid "little finger is for q" type rules).

>What, pray, is the advantage of having to look down at the keyboard while
>you type?

None. Which is why I don't :-)

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk