[Gllug] NTL wirelss

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Mon Feb 25 12:46:33 UTC 2002

Well it's only port 80 and it seems to be flaky to only some web sites and
only from wireless. So calling NTL shows them a working site, although a
telnet to the port 80 from another shell host seems to work fine. It could
simply be routing problems from the proxy to some parts of the internet.
But I can always seem to ping hosts fine, but http doesn't work.

NTL support are very helpful although some things are difficult to
prove/fix.

Tushar

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 12:05:21PM +0000, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> Tushar Joshi(tjoshi at lonix.org.uk)@Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 11:53:08AM +0000:
> >

> > On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 04:37:41PM +0000, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> > > hehe, i have NTL wireless comming round next week.
> > > no poxy frog's for me!  bye bye BT.
> >
> > Erm, well there is a transparent proxy in place for NTL wireless and it's
> > quite flaky at times.
> >

> hmm, i can live with that.  is that only for port 80?  so long as
> they're not picking out any other 'common' ports, you could always use
> another public proxy.  preferably, one in another country, with less
> invasive laws.
>
> incidentally, have you reported the flakiness to NTL?
>

> --
> PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc
>
>  Windows 2000 : Designed for the Internet. The Internet : Designed for UNIX
>

> --

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Unit 48, Concord Road, London W3 0TH                |
|  Tel: (020) 8992 7008     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk