[Gllug] IPSec

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Tue Feb 12 08:48:51 UTC 2002

Morning,

A friend and I are trying to set up a secure connection between our two
home networks.  He has an NTL cable modem and is on all the time while I
have a modem.  We want to allow traffic between our networks when we are
both online (He is always one but I'm not) and it looks from what i've read
like IPSec is the best way to do it.  We briefly looked at PPP over SSH but
then discovered the flaws associated with retrying of slow packets.

I've looked throught the IPSec docs at freeswan and there are several parts
but none of them talk about connects with both ends having dynamic IP's.
All their examples have at least one end with a static IP.

What I would like to know is, is this setup feasible before I go further
into this and does anyone have any suggestions for a better setup?

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk