[Gllug] [OT] Jokes

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Tue Feb 19 01:02:36 UTC 2002

An Englishman, a Scotsman, a Cuban, and an Australian are on a doomed boat.
The Cuban has a box of cigars with him.  He lights one, takes just one puff,
then throws it overboard.  The others are shocked and ask him why he would
do such a thing.  He says, "We have *plenty* of cigars where I come from!
One day, after we're rescued, I'll take you to Cuba and show you around my
local tobacco plantations."

Not to be outdone, the Scotsman cracks out a bottle of the finest scotch the
others had ever seen.  He takes just one sip then throws the rest of the
bottle overboard.  Agasp, the others question the Scotsman in the same way.
He replies, "Ach, we have *plenty* of scotch back home!  When we're rescued,
I'll give you a tour of our local distillery."

The Englishman pauses for a minute.  Then he walks over to the Australian
and throws him overboard.

Two guys got talking at a bar in a Microsoft conference.  The conversation
goes roughly like this:

Bob: "Interesting conference, eh?"
Ben: "Yeah - well, actually, I'm not really into Microsoft stuff; my boss
      made me come here"
Bob: "Heh - funny!  Me too.  I'm more of a Unix person myself."
Ben: "Really?!  Me too!  So... do you use a free unix or a commercial one?"
Bob: "Well, a free one, of course!"
Ben: "Ah!  A man of good taste, I see.  My round isn't it?"
Bob: "Cheers mate.  So... which free unix do you use?"
Ben: "Well, I've never really tried anything but Linux.  What about you?"
Bob: "Yeah, only used Linux myself too.  What distribution do you use?"
Ben: "Well, Debian of course!!  It's the one true distribution, don't you
      know.  You know if you haven't tried it, you really should give it a..."
Bob: "Mate!  I'm a debian developer!"
Ben: "Oh well, you could have said so!  You'll have to sign my key later."
Bob: "Yeah, ok, no probs.  So... you a sendmail man or do you like qmail?"
Ben: "Well, I've been using exim recently and it's pretty cool."
Bob: "You're joking?!  Me too!!  Isn't this amazing, eh?  Two people sitting
      at the bar of a Microsoft conference, and we use all the same free
      software!"
Ben: "Yep, it's absolutly incredible!  So.. which editor do you use?"
Bob: "Oh, well, mostly v..."
Ben: "YOU DIE!!! HEATHEN SCUM!!!!"

Pete

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk