[Gllug] Security

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Mon Feb 11 16:03:05 UTC 2002

I found it interesting from a perception viewpoint. I would say that the IRC
exploits have not been included in these stats or the fact that most of the
software that Windows uses have got holes in it like IE etc.

I like to read articles like this to see what the general masses are being
fed about systems in general. Its these articles that the masses read and
like it or lump it affect what happens to our beloved Linux.  I was not
analysing it much past that. I have posted on numerous occasions that I am
not one to readily believe what a writer has decided to stick in his paper
or website. I am loathe to trust a writer who's wage is in any way dependant
on the content of their article. I suppose its much the same as trusting
some sales people.

Harry.

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk