[Gllug] debian install

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Mon Feb 4 08:29:17 UTC 2002

Hi,

A short time ago people were talking about installing debian with a small
number of floppies.  So I decided to go and try it.  I built my 6 floppies
of woody (rescue, root, drivers1-4) and worked my way through until it came
to installing the base system.  The media options were, floppy, cdrom,
partition oor network so I choose network hoping that I could set up a ppp
link over my modem to do this (I know it'll take ages but I can wait!) like
I saw it do after the reboot when I tried the potato CD.  Unfortunatly I
guess you can't install the base system over ppp/modem only the later
stage.  I couldn't work out if this was the case from the debian site so do
any of you know anymore or should I just download a snapshot CD of woody?

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk