[Gllug] [OT] Perl DBI question

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Mon Feb 18 17:45:18 UTC 2002

    >> I would have thought you would have needed DBD::mysql installed
    >> for it to work with mysql.  That has always been my experience.

    frank> I'd agree.

You do; but there was nothing in the original post to indicate a lack of
DBD::mysql.  DBD::mysql is a driver for DBI that makes the DBI wrapper
functions work with mysql's engine - not something that you use instead
of DBI, or anything like that.  DBI works via DBD::mysql, if you SWIM.

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net"; Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a
         "In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk