[Gllug] Security

Jonathan Harker jon at jonathanharker.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 19:31:11 UTC 2002

> On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Tom Gilbert wrote:
> > The actual difference you're seeing there is simply that slackware has
> > less than half the number of packages than any modern distro.
>
> And is all the better for it...

Oh no here we go...  :)

Seriously, the numbers are probably even more skewed by the popularity of the
OS. For example, RH and Mandrake have higher numbers because they are among
the more popular distros.

If we thought this was accurate, we'd all be using BeOS for our servers - did
you note how BeOS has only one hole? IMO studies like this are rubbish and
unscientific. Nobody needs meaningless numbers to conclude that Windows is a
load of tits  :)

luv Jon.

--
Jonathan Harker