[Gllug] I APOLOGISE

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Feb 15 13:59:36 UTC 2002

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 11:44:23AM +0000, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> * David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> spake thus:
> > > not a personal addy?
> >
> > Have you ever met anyone called gllug? :-)
>
> There is at least two people on the list that use email addresses that
> start with gllug at .

Yes, but it should be obvious that that is not a *personal* address, but
an address used for communication with a list or a company or somesuch.
If I, for example, have an address silicongraphics at barnyard.co.uk, it
should be pretty damned obvious that that address is used for communicating
with Silicon Graphics and no-one else.

In any case, that still doesn't answer my question of why should we protect
people who are too stupid to know who they're mailing.

  Some people, when confronted with a problem, think ``I know, I'll use
  regular expressions.'' Now they have two problems.        -- jwz

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk