[Gllug] UHCI (Intel PIIX4, VIA, ...) Support

Iain Conochie iain at thargoid.co.uk
Tue Feb 12 14:55:50 UTC 2002

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, will wrote:

> In my neverending quest to get the speedtouch 'bastard' USB modem
> working under Linux I have compiled a new kernel (2.4.17).  One of the
> opitons I want to include is 'UHCI (Intel PIIX4, VIA, ...) Support'
> under the USB section.  This option is greyed out however, and
> unselectable.  Can anyone let me know how to get this un-greyed so that
> I can select it please :-)

A wild stab in the dark here, but IIRC there are two seperate drivers for
USB. If one is selected the other cannot be selected. This may be your
problem. What you can try to do is unselect the UHCI Alternative driver
underneath the Intel one. This should allow you to select the intel driver
instead.

Good Luck

Monkey

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk