[Gllug] tar.gz

Tom Gilbert tom at linuxbrit.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 15:38:52 UTC 2002

* Jackson, Harry (HJackson at colt-telecom.com) wrote:

> [...]

Because backing up /dev, /proc, /mnt and /tmp is silly. I also find it a
complete waste of backup media to back up /usr when debian knows where
to get and replace all that from it's package status db.

It's you call, of course :)

Oh something I forgot from my previous list, /boot. I keep my .configs
from each kernel and all the images and stuff in there. Again, no point
backing up /usr/src/linux when it can be regenerated from the .config.

Tom.
--
   /V\    | Tom Gilbert, London, England | http://linuxbrit.co.uk |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk