[Gllug] Spam

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Tue Feb 19 16:25:55 UTC 2002

>I only accept mail from people in my address book.
>I will only accept mail from people who have a keyword in the subject line.
>Any missing or non qualified headers and the mail gets dropped.

All of that can be done via procmail. But the downside is that you need
to download it first before you can decide whether or not to filter it.
Not a problem for those of us with ADSL, but if you're on a metered dialup
line, it could be a problem.

In fact, the only thing that procmail can't do is filter based on the
envelope (because the envelope is typically already gone by the time
the message gets to procmail). Unless someone wants to enlighten me,
of course...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk