[Gllug] IDE CD burners

Andre van der Walt andrevdw at onetel.net.uk
Thu Feb 21 16:05:56 UTC 2002

I have had very good experience with the Plextor Plexwriter 12/4/32 IDE
drive. It uses a technology that they call "burnproof" which is
basically the ability to turn the laser on and off during a write
session ,in order to avoid buffer underruns. Normal drives can't do
this.

Have a look at their product on the US site - the European one blows.

I had a Yamaha SCSI drive at work which lasted only a year - although I
must admit it was churning out quite a number of CDs

will wrote:

> You lot,
>
> Can people recommend to me IDE CD burners (for use primarily under Linux
> but also win) please?  I am looking to get one from TCR on saturday
> (couldn't make it last week) and I was hoping some people could let me
> know of any particularly good/susccessful burners.
>
> I would get a SCSI one if I had a mortgage.
>
> Thanks
> Will.
>
> --
> *claw claw* *fang*
> *shred* *rip* *ad hominem* *slash*
> (more attacks will require consultancy fees.)
>           -Nix.
>
> --

Andre van der Walt

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk