OT: Disclaimers (was Re: [Gllug] Small PCs)

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu Feb 21 11:17:19 UTC 2002

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 11:34:51PM +0000, William Palfreman wrote:
> This message is Copyright (c) William Palfreman 2002, and patented in
> the EU, Switzerland, Swaziland and Hull, and may not be viewed by anyone.
> If you find this message on your computer delete it immediately, or face the
> severest legal penalties.  If you have received this message in error, or
> as part of a mailing list distribution, you have already broken the law
> and legal compensation will be required in due course. It is illegal to
> carry this or any part of this message over any distribution medium, not
> least and including any network Internet based storage or transmission
> media or media-like formats.  Decrypting the information's ASCII encoding
> in order to read this message involves a breach of the Digital Millennium
> Copyright Act in the United States and extra-territorially, rendering your
> family open to civil forfeiture and R.I.C.O. statutes.  If viewed in the
> United Kingdom please allow two days for Charing Cross Child Protection
> Unit for remove your PC, sound card, monitor and SCSI cables pending the
> completion of their investigation.

What an awesome disclaimer. Not so sure about the ASCII encoding claim
though, unless you suggest that the message has been double
rot-13'd. Quite how it got to me in the first place is slightly
confusing, given the content of the disclaimer....

Why, oh why, oh why does it close the HTML tag without opening it? :)

Nice to know.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"People in general are not fundamentally stupid."
"Cite?"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk