[Gllug] Reconfiguring - was Debian configure

Mark Preston mark at markpreston.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 21:13:25 UTC 2002

>> Is there a way to get dpkg (or any of the other package tools) to
>> reconfigure a package that has already been installed and configured?
How about reconfiguring using other distros.
I've recently set up an Apache server (1.3.12), PostgreSQL (7.02)and PHP
(4.02)to practice building database applications (using Mandrake 7.2). All
were installed originally from the initial cdrom installation.
I have recently got the following error message.

Fatal error Call to undefined function pg_connect() in
var/www/html/phpdbcounter.php3 on line 7

My test phpcounter script that doesn't rely on a database connection works
fine. psql works OK as well creating tables.
This means that I should have built the PHP with the "--with-postgresql" (or
something like this)  option. Anybody got any recommendations on how to get
pg_connect() to talk to PHP?

Rgds Mark Preston

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk