[Gllug] tar.gz

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Fri Feb 1 17:58:40 UTC 2002

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 04:48:19PM +0000, Martyn Drake wrote:
> On 01 Feb 2002 16:32:54 +0000 John Hearns wrote:
>
> > It is a commercial product, but is free (as in beer)
> > for one Linux server and 2 client machines.
>
> I agree that Arkeia is excellent (and free if you have a Linux server with
> a single SCSI tape drive), although it was bloody expensive when buying
> the license(s) for the software and the tape library that I used to use
> with it.
>
> These days I tend to use Amanda, free and not too difficult to get up and
> running across a network.  Amanda will support just about anything - and

So far most of the suggestions have been for SCSI tape solutions or
CDR. I've got a server here with an enormous disk[1] that I want to
use for backing up the other servers nightly. A tape dump will be made
from this about once a week, but we've got an awful lot of data, and I
can't afford a tape changer....

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Simon