[Gllug] speedtouch USB (was IDE CD burners)

Paul Brazier pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 16:33:08 UTC 2002

> USB under linux works very well these days, though for
> hot-plugging to
> work reliably you want 2.4 kernel, ime.  Also for
> hot-plugging be sure to
> compile *everything* usb as a module.

A problem I get with the speedtouch USB modem is that it doesn't work if
it is plugged in at boot time.
I have to unplug it and then plug it in again for it to be recognised by
the hotplug daemon.
(Also the system freezes on shutdown unless I kill the pppd first,
though I suppose there's some shutdown script where I could do this
automatically).
Not a major hassle but anyone got round this?

Paul.

the originator.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk