[Gllug] Sun AS4030

Christian Smith csmith at micromuse.com
Fri Feb 8 15:13:29 UTC 2002

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Ian Norton wrote:

>Thanks tet,
>
>yeah quick look on sunhelp.org and it looks like a sparc lx, aparently
>this one has 64mb in it,

At the risk of sounding heretical, I'd recommend running NetBSD on this. I
think it'd be a bit faster (though I have no proof) as it appears to have
a lower memory overhead.

>i was suprised to find zero about as4030 on google. odd.

I found some indirect association, using the search term "sun as4030 LX",
but I think the LX was one of the first SUNs without an official 4/xx
alias.

--
    /"\
    / \