[Gllug] Xircom CBEM56G pcmcia card & LINUX

George Saxby George.Saxby at racc.ac.uk
Mon Feb 11 13:19:40 UTC 2002

Hi,
     Strangeness, I managed to get debian Potato loaded onto the old
Thinkpad 760ed last Wednesday via floppies and http working over this
Xircom pcmcia netcard/ modem (model in subj bar above). Problem was the
re-spawning of a serial service I did not want and could not keep
cancelled.
   So being bloody minded I decide to clean of the disk and re-do the
install. This time the Xircom would show connected ie an address 0x100
and IRQ5, is there but  ethO is there tcp/ip address from the DHCP
server BUT cannot ping anything but itself no route to any place.
         Tulip_cb.o loaded.& the kernel is 2.2.19

That is about my sum knowledge  of what to look for.
        any other pointers to find out what the heck is going on most
welcome
TIA

George F. Saxby
    Systems Engineer