[Gllug] I APOLOGISE

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Feb 11 22:41:52 UTC 2002

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 09:03:04PM +0000, Simon Trimmer wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Dean S Wilson wrote:
> > From: "Simon Trimmer" <simon at urbanmyth.org>
> > > And we were discussing at the meeting last weekend about closing the
> > > list to only subscribers (removing these accidents & people getting
> > > savaged)
> > I seem to remember three people voting for yes... Now who were they :)
> Yes, I wonder :)
>
> <OBS> It amuses me how groups whine about people breaking list rules but
> don't take precautions to stop people straying onto the list accidentally.
> </OBS>

Why should we go out of our way to protect people who are too stupid to
know who they're emailing?  I for one check the To: line before sending.

     Gehyrst þu, sælida, hwæt þis folc segeð?
     Hi willað eow to gafole garas syllan,
     ættrynne ord and ealde swurd,
     þa heregeatu þe eow æt hilde ne deah.
                -- Brithnoth