[Gllug] [OT] Jokes

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 22 20:21:26 UTC 2002

Simon Stewart wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 09:07:33PM +0000, Nix wrote:
> > On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, tet at accucard.com said:
> > > "You can tune a filesystem, but you can't tune a fish"
> > >
> > > (removed from the Solaris tunefs(8) by boring Sun management)
> >
> > As was the line about the system being on fire (from reboot(8), I
> > think.)
>
> Wasn't there a message along the lines of "Aaaiieee: printer port on
> fire" in some of the older (2.0) kernels?

IIRC something like "unknown error on /dev/lp0: on fire, eh?". It used
to happen if my Epson inkjet ran out of ink.

I also liked the NFS server error "attempt to connect from insecure
port. Psychoanalysis suggested". As it was generally AIX clients which
provoked this error, the message wasn't far off.

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk