[Gllug] Email servers

Dylan Brewis dylan at exoletus.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Feb 5 23:03:13 UTC 2002

Hi guys,

I've been trawling thru books and docs for days over this and have got
thoroughly confused. I want to set up the necessafy services so that one of
my machines will periodically collect mail (by POP3) from my ISP and then
allow it to be collected (again by POP3) by users' mail clients. I figure I
use fetchmail for doing the ISP collection, triggered by cron, but I don't
understand the stuff about maildrops and forwarding etc. I don't want the
mail to end up in a users' home directory, I want them to be able to POP it
off the local network.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Dylan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk