[Gllug] Debian gateways

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 19:39:47 UTC 2002

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Bruce Richardson moaned:
> I hate to say "I told you so" - not really: "I told you so!".  Not about
> Debian - IMO a person's favourite distribution is a bit like their
> favourite colour, largely a matter of personal taste - but about working
> at the console.

I dunno about that, I think it's too sweeping. X doesn't dissolve your
mind; I've been using X almost since I started with Linux, but it hasn't
stoped me learning, because I've eschewed GUI config tools and preferred
to make changes from an xterm.

Avoiding GUI config tools is important. Working in text mode at the
console keyboard is not :)

--
`However, if you want to detect whether (say, 1 in 1000) cars are being
 abducted by bunnies along their route, you've got a whole new problem.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk