[Gllug] erm, help...

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 12:16:36 UTC 2002

Tom Gilbert wrote:
> * will (will at hellacool.co.uk) wrote:
>
>>I just compiled my kernel (again) and I seem to have lost the contents
>>of my /boot directory.  This is RH 7.2.  I guess if I reboot the
>>computer would just not work, what needs to be in the /boot directory?
>>

> Perhaps it's just not mounted? Unless you deleted it, there's no other
> reason it would just go away.

No, there isn't, that is why I was a bit dubious about the files just
'dissapearing'.  Given that the /boot directory is on the same partition
(as everything else, don't say it :-) it can't be a mounting problem.
When I boot up using the 2.4.9 the /boot directory is empty and when I
use the default redhat (also 2.4.9) or 2.4.17 the /boot directory is there.

weeeird
Will.

--
*claw claw* *fang*