[Gllug] Tape backup

Andrew Och andrew at positive-internet.com
Wed Feb 27 12:19:53 UTC 2002

Ok well since almost all have extolled the virtues of DLT, then that is
the road I will go down.

> To answer you question, it must be SCSI based. I use a DDS-3 drive at home
> with no problems but I don't use it nightly, we have had problems with DDS-3
> drives at work.
>
> DLT drives are nice but expensive.

If I am looking to store about 40GB of data and I wanted an internal DLT
drive that will fit into a 4U rack mounted server, what make and models
should I be looking at?

Also what scsi adapter should I be looking at (will any old Adaptec do)?

The server also has a Mylex Acceleraid 170 Raid controller, so I am
hoping that it will not clash with that.

Thank you all for so much response, its brilliant.

Best regards
Andrew Och

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk