[Gllug] Pub for after meet meet tomorrow.

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore-cfc.com
Fri Feb 1 14:10:34 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-02-01 at 12:27, Colin Murphy wrote:

> So the search is on again for another pub.

I went on a scout round the venue.

I think Colin said it starts at 12:00 so remember!

The venue is just across the road from the Windeyer
Building, where the computer fairs are held. So those
of you with money burning holes in the pocket will be
pleased...

For restaurants, Cleveland Street has a row of them,
all looking a bit expensive. The best looking, and not
too expensive, is the Greek Taverna.
There is also a sandwich bar and fish+chip shop, which might
be open for coffee/lunch.

For bars:

The Tower bar directly behind the venue is closed on Saturday :-(

The Southside Bar of Cleveland St. is the Australian bar with the
cheap cocktails and the music. I vote we go there later on in the
evening. Last time we went it was good.

The Grafton Arms in Grafton Way is popular after SAGE-WISE.
It has good beer, and an upstairs room. Might be a little small??

There is an ONeills on Conway St.(?) just off Grafton Way.

the King and Queen on Cleveland Street, next to the Middlesex,
is a traditional pub. No food on Saturdays I'm afraid.
They have a function room upstairs, but I did not ask about this.

The Green Man on Riding House street is a traditional pub.
As it is hidden away, it might be quiet on a Saturday.
It is near enough to the venue - simply go down Ogle St and
take a right.

I guess the best plan is the Green Man,
followed by a decamp to the Southside Bar for those seeking
an Antipodean vibe. Bring yer thongs, mate.

Shall I Ask about food and opening on Saturdays at the Green Man?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk