[Gllug] I APOLOGISE

jim at lateral.net jim at lateral.net
Tue Feb 12 12:17:49 UTC 2002

Hi,

The bloke was spammming and he was lying read the postings he trips himself
up.  David flammed him, fine, it is what David does and he is quite good at
it, though I would like to see him apologise once in a while when he is
wrong. As far as I was concerned Friday fun, game over.

> that doesn't mean it's true, since we know all pimps are liars),

This line is what I take issue with on two issues.  Firstly we do not know
that all pimps are liars even if all 'recruitment agents' we met are liars
we can not correctly say that all recruitment agents are liars since we
have not met all recruitment agents.  Second can we stop calling IT
recruitment agents pimps, I know that IT recruitment agents can be deeply
unpleasant but they don't in my experience use anal rape and crack
addiction as management tools.  I don't like sweeping generalities and I
don't like name calling at dysfunctional minorities even if they are
agencies, the inhabitants of North America or end users.  I personally
believe these groups should be treated with sympathy and understanding and
if possible helped to rejoin productive society as soon as posssible.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk