[Gllug] small Wrinkle

Les Till les_till at cableinet.co.uk
Sun Feb 3 12:55:58 UTC 2002

I've been writing perl scripts that will convert a comma separated data
base file, extracted from a windows application, into a format that will
be accepted by postgresql.
 The problem of converting dos EOL to Linux had crossed my mind and I
have looked around for dos2linux / dos2unix, couldn't find it in my
setup so forgot about it.
 Needed to get a few lines of the dos file for testing purposes so I
used gedit, copy and paste into a new file. Lo and behold I found that
all the offending CR's had been removed.
 So if you want to do dos2linux just use gedit - edit, 'select all' or
'copy' and 'paste'. I await for replies like 'Yeah we know'  or 'Emacs
is betterernat'.
 -Les

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk