[Gllug] RHCE - worth doing?

John Southern john at livepublishing.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 15:38:54 UTC 2002

Lee Blackwell wrote:

> One observation of Sun's cert/courses:
>
> Although I wanted to spend time on a Sun certification, I decided not to
> bother.  An awful lot of their time is spent on NIS, lpr etc, stuff that
> I've never touched (or needed) thus far is my working career.
>
> Does the RHCE cert cover the real world use of RH/Linux?  Rather than
> teaching me that I need to remember the combination of switches to restart
> a job in a print queue?

The practical exam AFAIK is very practically based. You are given a
machine and told that there is a problem and you have to fix it. You can
use whatever you want just like in real life. Only thing missing is the
ability to put in an invoice at the end.

You can just do the one day exam without the course and then sit the LPI
exams.
HP also do courses.

--
John S