[Gllug] sudo query

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Feb 5 16:18:08 UTC 2002

On 2/5/02, 4:08:24 PM, Vincent AE Scott <gllug at codex.net> wrote regarding
Re: [Gllug] sudo query:

> hmm, tricky, that wasnt quite what i wanted todo.  the file in question
> is created in ~/tmp/ using mkstemp.  so there's no real way of knowing
> what the file name is going to be.  and i dont really want to make tmp
> 777.

You don't have to.  The whole point of my example is that at the
script-within-the-script is run sudo-ed *back* to the original user who
first called sudo.  A bit round-the-houses.  If you could create the file
before running the sudo script and have the script return the data to put
in it that would be better.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk