[Gllug] More Books

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore-cfc.com
Mon Feb 18 11:49:16 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 11:23, tet at accucard.com wrote:

> >> (Besides, it's always good to see Schildt books being disposed of.)
> >
> >And what would you suggest in their place?
>
> Well the obvious answer for learning C has to be K&R. Worked for me...

This subject came up last night on the Eurostar back to Waterloo.

I think the book 'Beginning C' by Ivor Horton is excellent.
Published by Wrox, but their web site seems to be down at the moment.

I haven't finished it yet, but from what I have read it takes you from
the veru basics. The language is clear and approchable.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk