[Gllug] SMS utilities

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Sat Feb 23 00:56:36 UTC 2002

Jo Knight(joknight at blueyonder.co.uk)@Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 10:44:48PM +0000:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering if people had any suggestions for sending SMS messages
> from my PC. I have an account with BT Cellnet and Orange, and would like to
> send SMS's to my phones when alerts are raised on my system, or I wish to
> forward an email.
>
> I have also signed up with genie.co.uk and was wondering if there were any
> utils that enable to connect to this from the command line.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,

smssend:

http://zekiller.skytech.org/smssend_menu_en.html

there appears to be scripts for genie.co.uk and sms.lycos.co.uk i havent
personaly tried them, but i've heard them mentioned before by several
others.

HTH,
-vince

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 War is God's way of teaching Americans geography
 -- Paul Rodriguez

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk