DNS was [Gllug] IPSec

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Tue Feb 12 14:47:29 UTC 2002

I'm curious; what's a 'large' DNS query? Is that where you store a HUGE
FQDN, or when you store other stuff in a DNS (like keys for IPSec)? Is it
only appropriate for lookups or for reverse lookups as well?

Apart from name/IP data and IPSec stuff (which initially surprised me) what
else do people put in DNS? What are the limitations?

DNS is not one of my really strong points (obviously). I hope some
knowledgeable guru can offer some enlightenment. A good web link will
suffice though :)

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk