[Gllug] Asci purple

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 01:53:13 UTC 2002

On 31 Jan 2002, John Hearns wrote:

> Following today's article on ASCI Purple (mmmmm!)
> I did a bit of googling and found the file system
> they were talking about  http://www.lustre.org

 Does anybody check the meaning of these new names?

 Lustre in my mother language means "decade" like 10 years,
 very appropiate for a new type of storage system.

 Also means the same in portuguese.

 The hugest blunder of a name known by me is "Mitshubisi Pajero".

 Where pajero means "wanker", very apropiate for the kind
 of people who drive them.

 ;-)                                  Formi.

> I think this now completes Harry's dream machine
> at home - he has the SCSI RAID, the gigabit switch and now
> the software to distribute storage all over the house.
> Are you going to demo on Saturday :-)
>
> Seriously though this looks interesting.
> Any of our list gurus feel able to comment?

  I am not a guru, so I shall refrain from making a fool of myself.
  That for a change.

                                           Formi.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk