[Gllug] X 4.2.0 and Open Office

Ian Baillie ibaillie at aladdinsystems.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 12:39:28 UTC 2002

Hi All,

I'm still plodding on with setting up my home machine.  I have just
downloaded Open Office 641, and installed it in /opt/openOffice641.

When I try to run starwriter I get a string of warnings saying //HACK: No
such file or directory, and I18N:X Window System doesn't support locale
"LC_CTYPE=en_GB.......

I went into KDE control centre to change the local language, but I appear to
only have US English installed.  How do I go about installing GB/UK English,
and where can I get this from? (I have Suse 7.2 Pro installed, but I
downloaded X from the SuSE ftp site).

Many Thanks,

Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk