[Gllug] RHCE - worth doing?

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Mon Feb 4 12:29:54 UTC 2002

Hi folks,

I've been asked several times whether I have any industry qualifications
and having dropped out of university many moons ago in preference of
earning money and learning the tehnical aspects of the Internet (by
helping setting up a local Norwich ISP from scratch).  I'm now looking for
something that I can put behind my name so that I can prove my level of
technical competence under Linux.

I'm therefore thinking about taking the Red Hat Certified Engineering exam
and was wondering whether it is something that employers notice, and more
importantly, is it really worth doing for the money it costs?

Any RHCEs care to comment? :)

I believe there is a more "standard" Linux certification course somewhere
out there, but I can't remember who is responsible for it.  I seem to
remember reading about it in one of the Linux Magazines recently.

Regards,

	Martyn

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk