[Gllug] ntalk

Paul Brazier pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 10:39:50 UTC 2002

I'm needing something to enable me to talk to someone when we're both
logged in via ssh to a remote server. I've looked at talk/ntalk but it
seems (documentation is a bit sparse) that you need portmap running to
use it, but I've disabled this for security reasons.

Is it risk-free to run portmap if I restrict it totally for local use
only or is even this unadvisable (the server is connected directly to
the internet)?

Also is there some better tool that anyone can recommend that does the
same thing? (commandline chatting to someone else logged in to the same
server).

--
Paul

the originator.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk