[Gllug] undeleting directories in ext2

E. R. Vaughan emil at newyouth.com
Sun Feb 10 05:34:40 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I was wondering how to undelete whole directory trees in ext2...

As in a filesystem where someone has just done rm -rf /foo and no writes have
occured since then, so everything is still intact.

If I find the directory inode can I just link it into a parent directory?

I am familiar with undeleting individual files, using recover, I have also
played around with Linux Disk Editor, but I haven't found much anything
written about undeleting directories, although I am sure this must be
possible.

TIA,

Emil

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk