[Gllug] Lonix - London Linux User Group 'Open Source Software ' - Eric S Raymond Talk

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu Feb 28 12:28:47 UTC 2002

>I write will be GPL code. This gives the client confidence that if they
>don't like me they can get changes done by someone else. I'm sure that
>they will come back to me for changes as I will know the code and they
>will like what I write.

Aaah, yes. That'll be the fabled "give it away free, they'll come to
me for support because I know the product" business plan that worked
so well for all those dot coms :-)

It's not impossible to make money from GPL software, but it *is* very
difficult, and virtually unheard of on a large scale. Seriously, I hope
it works for you, but I wouldn't be giving up my day job just yet...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk