[Gllug] Unix Mailbox format / Exchange POP3 connector etc.

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Wed Feb 6 01:50:12 UTC 2002

Jake Jellinek <jj at positive-internet.com> writes:

> Can anyone help me find some sort of definition of the
> accepted/standard format of a Unix Mailbox? I've been through RFCs,
> FYIs, STDs, BCPs and various other IETF drafts etc as well as google
> searches, and so far not been very successful

It's called 'BSD mbox' format, but it's de facto rather than de jure,
and - though there's some outline in RFC 976 - it's not formally
specified.  There's a jwz rant on Content-Length which also answers your
question and talks about the format, at:

  http://www.jwz.org/doc/content-length.html

HTH,

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net"; Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a
         "In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk