[Gllug] sieve scripts

Christoph Steinbeck steinbeck at ice.mpg.de
Wed Feb 20 18:41:00 UTC 2002

Hi Mike,

I found your thoughtful comments on sieve in the Gllug mailing list.
Since I can't get sieveshell running, I was thrilled to read:

You can also just dump it in the right
directory if you have root access to the box :-) - sieveshell is not the
most reliable of things, as the perl modules it depends on don't always
build right. The sieve implementation in the server is solid though, I
use it for all my mail.

Just: What would that directory be?
My imap.conf reads

sievedir: /var/imap/sieve

and this dir contains directories

etc.

so probably one could copy the script for user "stein" into
/var/imap/sieve/s/stein/
but this does not seem to work. Is there anything else?
Wrong directory that I thought of?
Anything to activate the script?

Any help would be horribly appreciated :-)

Cheers,

Chris

--
Dr. Christoph Steinbeck (http://www.ice.mpg.de/departments/ChemInf)
MPI of Chemical Ecology, Winzerlaer Str. 10, Beutenberg Campus, 07745

What is man but that lofty spirit - that sense of enterprise.
... Kirk, "I, Mudd," stardate 4513.3..

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk