[Gllug] I APOLOGISE

Martin Stevens budgester at budgester.com
Mon Feb 18 18:40:17 UTC 2002

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 08:15:28AM +0000, Nix wrote:
> On 10 Feb 2002, John Hearns stated:
>
> You can only really answer for *yourself*. I know that I've had
> experience of pimps modifying my CV when I'd explicitly told them to do
> otherwise, trying to send me to grossly unsuitable jobs (if necessary by
> lying to both me and the people to whom I was sent), and so forth.

So, what format do people use to send CV's ?

I'm sure even the most clued up agency, would at least struggle a little bit to modify PDF files, or even HTML. But if people use word or plain text, then that really is asking for people to mess around with it.

I would use PDF or HTML as most agencies that use PC's will still be able to view your CV. My preference would be PDF, and offer the agency 2 versions, the first with my full details and the second with my contact details removed, so that the agency would not get worried that the company would go direct.

I would term this security of information. ( I know that PDF's can be mangled, but if a recruitment consultant had the know how to do this i would credit them with above average intelligence for a recruiter and therefore think that they would have the moral to match, I know i'm to trusting.)

Just my ramblings after a couple of beers.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk