[Gllug] IDE CD burners

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu Feb 21 16:23:48 UTC 2002

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 03:59:03PM +0000, Kim Hawtin wrote:
> > > Can people recommend to me IDE CD burners (for use primarily under Linux
> > > but also win) please?  I am looking to get one from TCR on saturday
> > > (couldn't make it last week) and I was hoping some people could let me
> > > know of any particularly good/susccessful burners.
> >
> > > I would get a SCSI one if I had a mortgage.
> >
> > There are some decent FireWire ones around.  They aren't expensive (bit
> > more than IDE, less than SCSI), Firewire interface cards are cheap I've
> > seen both around the fairs.
>
> speaking of wierdness such as firewire, has anyone played with USB
> burners? or hdd's?  or for that matter ethernet, wireless ...
> especially under loonix?

Got one of the IOMega usb cd bruners working using cdrecord and a
small amount of sweat. Could have been a lot worse. Sadly, nowhere
near that machine now (or ever) so can't really help too much, other
than as an example that it works :)

Cheers,

Simon

--
who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~;unzip; touch; strip; finger;
mount; gasp; yes; uptime; umount; sleep

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk