[Gllug] ADSL Hacking.

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Thu Jan 31 12:37:15 UTC 2002

On Thursday 31 January 2002 12:14, you wrote:
> Firewall on it? If your ISP don't port-filter, there is no reason
> why you can't host on your ethernet ADSL.  Which has, from most of
> my digging, been a "nono" - especially on the NAT options. You've
> pointed a web-browser at the ip of the router, right? If you want
> to open your own up the first stage is get a cat5 cable and a
> RS232/9 headshell. I tried a "converter" and it never worked, I had
> to make my own....
OpenBSD firewall on one ip address which leads through to our
internal network. It lets POP3 and SMTP in (from certain ip addresses
only) to allow our shops to get their email. A couple of other ports
redirected to my desktop sshd and the server sshd. And udp port 27910
for Quake :-). I have tested webservers on the other ip's and it
works fine. (ISP = BT Openworld = arse). Firewall also does NAT for
the internal network to get out. Works like a charm.
--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk, http://www.pauken.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk