[Gllug] Geforce2

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 12:57:45 UTC 2002

Ah-Ha! This means that there is a problem switching virtual consoles
to X console and back again. Not necessarily an X problem at all. Are
the VC's using a framebuffer or normal vga mode? For instance is
there a line in your lilo.conf that says vga=791 or vga =788 or does
it say vga=1 or perhaps nothing at all?
And what exactly do you mean by wobbly? Locking the machine or just
not switching over to the X display or what?

> Intention now are to find a good tutorial on X-4 and start
> reading about all the options. I imagine the config file just needs
> a little tweaking to get it running.
If you got the display working by starting it from over the network,
that would imply that the conf file is fine. It sounds more like a
kernel/console/permissions thing.
> I will buy you the pint anyway so next time you see me walk up say
> "my name is Stephen now you gonna die" (Jonny Cash). Due to the
> lengths that some of the more unscrupulous characters will go to on
> this list for a drink I will require a passport or drivers licence
> as proof of ID. This should deter 100 Stephen Harkers asking me for
> a drink next time I am at Lonix.
Great! I'll bring my Documents. Shall I get a JP to sign them?
> Harry
> Getting the HOWTO would have been smart but how many of you buy a
> new gadget then read the manual before turning it on, eh.
No-one that I know.
--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk, http://www.pauken.co.uk