[Gllug] London councils and Unix/Linux

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 00:28:52 UTC 2002

On Thu 10 Jan, jim at lateral.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if anyone caught the bbc 10 oclock news last night the gov
> unveiled it new plan for super IT schools and a school sent a tape in
> showing the state of there IT dept. Most distressing was the room full of
> old PCs donated and bought that were just sitting there doing nothing
> bcause the school had no where to put them.  Volunteers anyone.
>
> Peace Jim

   The BETT (computers in education) show is on this week only at Olympia,
hence the sudden interest in the future of education. For anyone wishing to
attend, it is aimed at teachers and other professionals. Students are
generally not admitted unless they are assisting on one of the display
stands.
   There is usually a good range of educational hardware and software for
all ages, plus displays from the BBC and Channel 4, and a large section
aimed at special needs and disabilities. SuSE usually manage to squeeze a
penguin in there somewhere.
   Times are 1000-1800 Wednesday to Friday, 1000-1630 Saturday, details at
http://www.bettshow.com

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk