[Gllug] Oftel? (Offffff topic)

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 10:13:12 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 08:50:14AM +0000, Gordon Joly wrote:
> Apropos this, I heard (Your and Yours, Radio 4) that Oftel will not
> take any interest in cold calling telephoning selling.
>
> I now this is a hypothetical tangent, but my assertion is that Oftel
> might ignore ADSL as well...

<rant>
I get really pissed off with cold callers, especially those that
pretend to do a survey & when you say you aren't interested just put
the phone down w/out even so much as a ``goodbye'',
those that refuse to say who they are.

I am especially annoyed at most of them - where you dial 1471 to
find that the number is withheld -- that should be illegal on a sales call.

As you say: oftel can't give a damn.
</rant>

--
Alain Williams